Monday, September 24, 2007

Fever BE GONE!

Yesterday wasn't so great health wise. My fever continued through the day, along with a queasy stomach and little appetite. I was bound and determined to get back to normal, so helped Mark make a nice dinner of steaks, bake potatoes and asparagus. I actually ate quite a bit, for me, and it tasted good. I took my antibiotic after dinner and then started experiencing a return to queasiness (I am thinking it was the antibiotic causing this). At bedtime I took my normal medications and promptly gagged and up they came along with part of supper. I felt extremely yucky.

However, I awoke with very little temp issues until just a bit ago when it started climbing, but that is an improvement over it being 24/7 like it has the last week. Perhaps this is just the bug's last hurrah before ditching my system for good. While I haven't eaten great amounts today, I haven't had any issues with it wanting to 'return to sender', either. So I feel strides have been made!

Here is a hint for anyone who has to have a CT scan. Usually they make you drink large quantities of barium - a nasty thick chalk like substance. I knew after my evening the night before there was no way I was going to keep it down - especially on the empty stomach that is required for the tests. So, I requested the 'clear' drink. I don't know what it is, but it tasted pretty much like water. I had to drink two large glasses of it - but it was a breeze compared to the barium! I am going to request that from now on!

The scans are over and the wait begins. Dr. S is very good about contacting his patients as soon as he has the info, so I know I will hear from him tomorrow sometime. I won't post until I have spoken with him. I have appreciated your prayers and have felt their support. Thank you.



2 comments:

Midwest Beach Girl said...

hope that you are right and you will be on the upswing soon!

Rosebud said...

I found that yogurt helps with taking anti meds so maybe that might help you too. I pray everything turns out ok...rosebud