Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hippy

Live and learn. My hip was really singing all day yesterday and last night I could hardly stand it. When I went to bed I put a heating pad on it and took some Benadryl to try to get myself to relax and sleep. I had a toss and turn night and my hip just got worse instead of better. When I woke up this morning I had a revelation - hmmmm - maybe ice would be better. Put an icepack on it and it immediately started to relax and feel better. It is still not perfect, but it seems to be on the mend. Whew!

Carolyn is doing fine - had some tests done and waiting to hear from her doc. Hopefully she will be home soon.

My day has been very low key - still a bit under the weather - but I'm looking forward to having these side effects run their course so I can enjoy my two week chemo break. I am trying hard not to think of the scans on Monday - always a little disconcerting - but I know it will be good to get them over and done with.

2 comments:

Di said...

Jacque,
So happy to hear that Carolyn is better. Hopefully she will be home soon and back to normal.
We are all praying like crazy that the scans will be wonderful. We will just have to "offer it up" and know that HE is in charge.
hugs, di

nikkis30by30 said...

Oooooh how I pray that the scans are what we all hope for!!! Waiting seems to be the hardest part. Only had to wait 24 hours for Grandma's results and it was horrible. Have I ever told you I am NOT a patient person?!?!? Can't wait to hear the news!! I will be checking in!!!

BIG HUGS!!!! :D