Wednesday, September 12, 2007

To Lincoln

It has been a busy day for me! I headed to Lincoln this morning so I could go to my Mom's doctor's appointment with the surgeon that did a bypass on her knee last November - and who had referred her to the surgeon here in Omaha who refused to do her surgery. He was very kind and helpful and has given her two names of other surgeons he felt would do a good job and she also got a referral for a new internist. Hopefully all of these things will work out for her.

My brother, Bert, had picked Mom up (since I can no longer finagle her wheel chair nor push her long distances) so it gave he and I a chance to talk and catch up while Mom was having tests, etc. We had a late lunch in the hospital's cafeteria and then I headed home.

I made a few stops on the way home to return some items and pick up a few things at the grocery store before heading home - and I am TIRED! I had thought I would try to make it to choir practice tonight, but my voice is hoarse from chemo and allergies and I am so tired I don't know that I could concentrate on the songs. I don't plan on performing with the choir, yet, as I can't stand and sing (takes too much breath power), but I thought it might be good to exercise my lungs - plus I miss my choir! Maybe next week.

Diane and I went to a PEO sister, Becky's, jewelry party last night. Silpada, I think it is called. Very pretty silver jewelry. There were lots of other 'sisters' there, too, so it was a pleasant evening - and Becky had really outdone herself with her spread of goodies!


2 comments:

Melanie D. said...

Are you still feeling okay (aside from tired)? I think it will do your heart good to practice with the choir. That music will uplift you - that's a great idea.

~Hugs~

nikkis30by30 said...

Hope you get a GOOD nap in! I tried to take one today and it didn't happen. I'm not thrilled.