Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day

Mark and I went for a ride last night in the Road Runner. It was a beautiful evening. We stopped at the Dairy Queen and had a treat and then headed home. Mark then took Carolyn out for a ride while I picked tomatoes before it got dark.

Tonight, Mark's step mom and her husband are coming over for supper. We will grill chicken out and Mark's mom will bring a pie. Greg had thought he could make it, but he has a fraternity chapter meeting - so it will just be we 'old folks'.

Hopefully, Mark and I will have time this afternoon to go clothes shopping so we can take advantage of all the sales. It isn't often Mark is willing to shop - it is one of his LEAST favorite things to do!

We spoke with Matt last night, and he said school was going well. So far he is way ahead in his studies, as they are just reviewing. He said Courtney is enjoying her job and that the magazine she is working on has a regular section about patent law. Who knows - there might be some contacts for Matt derived from that!

2 comments:

Melanie D. said...

Oh, I would love to go shopping! I've got the itch. Alas, just a day at home, puttering around. The cleaning bug is still in me and I've continued to find things to do!

nikkis30by30 said...

It sounds like you are having a great Labor day!! I went shopping last week. It wasn't great. SIGH