Thursday, September 27, 2007

Chemo Sooner

Well, my chemo reprieve has been withdrawn. Since I haven't been feeling well for quite some time, Dr. S thinks it best I get started on treatment, since my symptoms could be from the cancer. So, on Monday, I will have my first round. He thinks I will tolerate it very well. He said people usually have fatigue and constipation, but not nausea or hair loss. He did preface that with one 87 year old gal who recently ended up in the hospital within 24 hours because of massive diarrhea, but said that was highly unusual. I am hopeful that my body doesn't do anything weird and I can prove Dr. S right in his side effects prediction. As always, prayers.

4 comments:

nikkis30by30 said...

Prayers....done!

Please keep us posted as much as you can. I am sure that the fatigue is getting old and that you won't always feel like updating. Hope that you have the least possible side effects from this one!!!

Mimi in the Midwest said...

Jacque- Lean on everyone around you and let them boost your healing power.

Stephanie said...

Jacque- Here's a quote that I found that I hope brightens your day!
"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know
even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Melanie D. said...

Praying for you. And praying. And praying.

Bummer...because of Elton John, right? BUT, at least your doc is staying on top of this. He sounds like a great team leader. Team Jacque.