Monday, September 10, 2007

Fall Is In The Air


It is cool outside and a light rain is falling. So different than just a few days ago! Fall is definitely in the air. The plants on the deck are starting to show the wear and tear of a hot summer and I am getting tired of caring for them. The tomato plants are still growing like weeds, but without the hot summer heat many of them will probably not make it to the table. Things are slowing down.

I made it to the gym today. I walked on the treadmill and rode the nu-step. I did dumbbells and stretches. Boring, but necessary. Sigh.

Tonight is PEO and we are initiating two new members. Hopefully the night won't go too late -but it will, of course, because of the initiation. Oh well. I can sleep tomorrow during my chemo treatment.

4 comments:

Annette said...

I'll miss you tonight at PEO. I've missed 2 out 3 Disciple/Bible class and I'm afraid they'll kick me out if I don't go! :) Have a nice time tonight and eat a cookie for me!
Annette

Melanie D. said...

I hope you have a great night. I was sad that I missed what I considered to be a gorgeous day all day inside. I've really got to get into the habit of getting outside with the kids after supper. I just get so l-a-z-y after supper.

Hope you had a fun night!

nikkis30by30 said...

Hi Jacque!!! I'm baaaaaack!!! LOL!! Hopefully for good now, but we'll see. The way last week went, I hope to have a whole lot of nothing going on. I feel that I look like your deck plants!! However.... HALLELUIA FOR FALL!!!!

I hope you are having fun at PEO! Have good naps tomorrow. I will get chores done here, so don't worry about yours.... I will work hard enough for both of us!!!

Maybe for a little pick-me-up, you should go read my blog real quick.... (about Grandma)

BIG HUGS!!!

JustAnotherDay said...

Congrats on making it to the gym! really, cheers to you! I now have an eliptical machine in my basement and it is collecting dust already!

Can't wait to see you in Oct. less than a month away! :)

~Courtney