Sunday, September 9, 2007

OPA!

This is day five after treatment - my normally worst day. So, you ask, how do I feel today? Well, compared to other 'day fives' pretty good! I feel a bit 'weird' around the edges - hard to explain - and a little tired and achy, but nothing I can't handle. So, do I think this is better than doing dose dense? The verdict is still out. I need to do the full four week cycle before I make a judgement call.

We went to Piccalo Pete's for supper (an Italian Steakhouse in an older part of town). We all ordered filets (small for the ladies and large for the guys) and got the soup, and mostacolli (or green beans) and salad, and potato - along with bread and real butter and crackers.....WAY to much food - but very tasty.



After dinner we headed down to the Greek Festival at the Louis and Clark Landing (an area along the Missouri River). OPA! The event was on the smallish side - with just a few tents of things to buy, Greek musicians with dancers, and a few things for kids to do. The big draw was the food. Oh - My - Goodness! I am glad we opted to eat elsewhere, as the line to the ONE tent they had set up for food had an almost two hour wait! Bad planning on their part. There was a dessert tent that we hit that had a short line - and the baklava and almond cake was tasty. There were very strange 'flies'? that kept bothering us, so we ended up leaving and going to Brewsky's where we could sit outside and enjoy the beautiful evening. Unfortunately, there was a large group there that had been there a while (if you get my drift) so it wasn't as peaceful as it could have been.

This morning I opted out of church (again - shame on me) because I just couldn't seem to get myself moving. I am sure it has to do with it being a 'day five' day. I did manage to get to the grocery store and drop some things at the Goodwill. Mark was a doll and scrubbed all the floors in the house for me - what a guy! I also cleaned the masterbath (except the floor, of course), so I wasn't a total blog today (but close to it). Mark then had me go downstairs with him to go through the storage room so he could get it organized. When Matt was home this summer he went through a lot of his boxes of memorabilia and 'treasures' but didn't seem to get everything put back and/or thrown away. Now things are tidy once more.

I am in dire need of going to the gym. I had every intention of going today, but my sore spine and achy body was enough to talk myself out of it. Tomorrow. I WILL go tomorrow!



2 comments:

Annette said...

You have the best restaurant suggestions I have ever heard! You are opening up a whole new world for me! Thank you!!

Midwest Beach Girl said...

Food and My big fat greek ____. You, me and Mel must seriously be on the same page!!