Tuesday, September 4, 2007

In Law Night

Mark's step mom, Joyce, her husband, Sam, and Mark's mom, Carolyn, had supper with us last evening. Joyce and Sam live in Mesa, AZ, and are the opposite of the NE snowbirds. They leave AZ in the summer when it is so ghastly hot and travel. I had Mark grill chicken hind quarters using a recipe I found on the internet. It was very tasty, but quite involved (using mop sauce every five minutes, turning, mopping, turning) so I don't think it will be high on his list of repeats any time soon. Mark took Sam on a ride in the Roadrunner after we ate. I hadn't realized that Sam is a HUGE car buff - having had 16 show cars in his lifetime, many of them that he built himself - street rods! Like Mark said - people tend to want the cars that were popular when they were teenagers.

I have had a fairly busy day. Joyce picked me up to go out to breakfast while Sam went golfing at Applewood. We ate at the new Wheatfields at Shadow Lake Towne Center - and they had great decaf coffee that I could enjoy! We also stopped at Kohl's so I could purchase some new towels for the master bath. It was a pleasant way to spend the morning.

At noon I headed to Wellbound, the new fitness center I am considering joining. As I suspected, I was a young whippersnapper compared to most, but it was clean and new and had very kind people working there. I enjoyed the atmosphere much more than Gold's gym. Gold's gym was full of sweaty, bulked up guys trying to impress people - or girls in skimpy outfits trying to impress the bulked up guys. Yuck.

This afternoon I have just rested and done more laundry - a never ending process it seems - even with just the two of us. It is now time to start supper - which will be easy since we have left overs from last night! Yea!

3 comments:

Melanie D. said...

Laundry. Huh. I am frustrated with it - I thought I had it "done". But it never is, there is always more. I'd like us to spend one day naked (not really) so that my laundry could really be done. :0)

Rosebud said...

Bulky men..where???LOL I thought bulky men where the type that hung out in the bulk Dept in the grocery store too long...rosebud

Midwest Beach Girl said...

Workout bunnies. I hate them. I mean really, who puts on make-up and spandex to go to the gym to sweat off a few pounds while pumping iron. Oh wait, they just bounce on the stairmaster....