Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Port

The port is in and I'm feeling pretty good. They had to put it on the opposite side of my chest than last time, so my right arm/arm pit feels stiff. I am sure right now the deadening agents are still keeping the soreness at bay, but I don't expect it to be anything unbearable - if it is like the last port I had put in.
On the way home from the hospital I had Carolyn stop and pick up a bowl of my favorite fire-roasted garlic roasted soup from Paradise Bakery. It was a splurge - I am sure the salt content is way up there - but I figured I deserved a little treat before starting chemo. I don't feel a bit guilty. Who knows when it will taste good again. With my last chemo even water tasted strange.
I plan on kicking back this afternoon and rest. Thanks again for all your prayers. Tomorrow, we start fighting the beast!

2 comments:

Melanie D. said...

It's on!

You will be on everyone's mind tomorrow! Good luck with everything.

Diane Muir said...

"Kill the Beast! Kill the Beast" Oops, sorry - that's a line from "Beauty & the Beast" and let me tell you - that show seems to occupy my brain 24/7 these days! The port will be a good thing and the chemo will kill the beast. And now, we pray and pray and pray ...