Thursday, March 22, 2007

Wheatfield's

To indentify my wonderful coworkers: Melanie, my coteacher, is in the back on far left, Natalie, Melanie's para, is next to her, Timaree, my outstanding sub, is back row third from right, Patty, my para, is in the chair on the right, and I am in the chair on the left - with my shaggy hair :-).
What a great day! I had my blood count done today and it is within normal range - yea! The Neulasta shot is doing it's job. I then went to Wheatfield's Restaurant to have lunch/brunch with my students and classroom coworkers. It was absolutely wonderful to see each and every one of them. I was happy that my hair has hung in there for another day so the student's could see me looking like my 'normal' self. Wheatfields had given the students a great tour before I arrived, everyone did a super job in ordering, with their social skills, and paying for their meals (tip included); and then received a decorated Easter cookie from the restaurant as we left. Wheatfield's was so accommodating and kind. By the way - their cheesy tomato soup ties with Paradise Bakery's as a favorite!
I called Bravada's - where my wig had been back ordered until today - and was told it would now be in on April 4th, and was this OK? I, of course, answered in a loud NO since my hair was suppose to be gone yesterday! The clerk said she would call and check on the wig's status and call me. I decided that, after a nap, I would go looking for a wig elsewhere. However, when I returned from lunch, a message from Bravada's said the company had gotten my wig in and were overnighting it to them, so I can pick it up tomorrow. Whew! So nice to not have to go running around looking for another one!

After my nap (a nice sound one) I was off to an eye doctor's appointment. I cannot believe how much glasses cost. It is criminal! Yikes!
I had a very busy day today - and a busy one tomorrow, too. Tomorrow, my pulmonologist's appointment is at 9:30 and then I go to Methodist for an ecco cardiogram at 1:00. Maybe I will see my friend, Bonnie, as she works in the area where my test will be. When I get home from my tests my friend, Carol, from Topeka, Kansas, will arrive for a weekend visit. It will be fun catching up with her.
Take care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jacque- I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your students. One strange thing is that Patty, your para, looks just like my mother, your Grandmother Anderson, did when she was that age (at least she does in that picture). I called Chet in and he totally agreed with me.
It is good news that your tests are coming in good, and that your wig will be in tomorrow. Loosing your hair must be a different experience, but as you have done it before, you know what to expect.
We hope the news tomorrow is also good.
I continure to pray for you!

Melanie D. said...

I'll be at school tomorrow until around 11 (gotta take Mollie over to the vet). You can catch me on my cell phone after that if you need anything.

I'm thinking about Saturday. Anything you need from me?

Di said...

Jacque,
What a full day you had yesterday. I had my fingers crossed that you would be able to join "the gang". Your picture was great. I know you enjoyed every minute of being with your co-workers and students. I am sure they were even more delighted that you were with them.

Finally your wig.....that has taken quite awhile but your hair has also cooperated.

I am thrilled that your counts are staying in good range. Make sure you work on getting naps this week-end. You and Carol will have a fun visit I know.

Talk with you soon. Hugs, di