Sunday, March 4, 2007

Yummy

What is it about certain foods that just make you crave it? My friends, Diane and Kaitlin, brought lunch for me yesterday from Paradise Bakery - roasted garlic tomato soup and a Greek salad (with extra olives). It was divine and I savored every bite. I even managed to get the entire meal down over about an hours time. I kept thinking I would put it away until later - but just couldn't bear to do it. Of course, I wasn't a lick hungry for supper - but who cares - that was hospital food.
Friends Jeff and Lori stopped by last night while Mark was here, so we had a nice visit. Jeff said a beautiful prayer before they left. You all cannot imagine how cradled I feel knowing that so many prayers are going up on my behalf.
My breathing is a bit worse today and my blood pressure up. I am sure the fluid is on the increase, so I am anxious to get this done! The anesthesiologist checked in with me this morning, and said the surgery is scheduled for 7:30 tomorrow morning. They will come get me between 5:00 and 6:30. Total operating time should be 15 minutes - much shorter than the pre-op time. I will post as soon as I am out of my post op haze. Thanks again for all your prayers.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
I will try this again! I have written comments the last two days and they haven't went through :(. Hopefully the kinks are worked out now!

Good to hear they have found you an excellent doctor and hopefully the cause of your problems. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow for your surgery!

I was wondering if you were up to visitors?

Hang in there!!
Sharon

Diane Muir said...

Last Sunday, Dr. Delp preached on 'breath prayers'. The Hebrew word for breath is "ru'ah". It just sounds like a breath when you say it. It is also the word for 'wind' and for 'spirit'. So, in Genesis 1:2 it says "the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters," that's the word, but in Genesis 2:7 ... "And the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living being." The breath of life is also "ru'ah". The Spirit is the breath of God and today I pray that the Spirit fills you and gives you enough breath to breathe and God comforts you!

Melanie D. said...

I'm glad you've enjoyed some visits and good food up there! I will probably wait until Tuesday - if you're up for visitors by then. I hope all goes well for you, please know how much I've been thinking of you and praying for a perfect surgery! Get some rest tonight, I know it will be tough...and we'll be checking in tomorrow!

Di said...

Dear Jacque,
I am so anxious for this surgery to help make you more comfortable(not as much as you, I am sure!). I am amazed every time we talk how positive you remain. I know all the many prayers are giving you comfort, we wish we could do much more.

We will all be looking forward to your posting after the surgery when you are feeling up to it.

Hugs, Di

Unknown said...

Hi,
GREAT!!!!!!!!! Such good news. Now you just have to keep mending from all that poking and proding and soon you will be as good as new! That is pretty funny about the breast implant! Amazing how we overlook the obvious sometimes isn't it! I always think of the things we get upset with our kids about--overlooking the obvious--when something like that happens.

Any time on when you might get to go home? If you are still there tomorrow I will try to stop by on my way to ESL.
Sharon