Friday, March 30, 2007

Wating to Hear

I am waiting to hear about my blood test that I had this afternoon. The gal who drew my blood didn't know how long it would take to get the results. I assume it will be next week some time.
My next chemo was scheduled for next Thursday, but I had it changed to the day after Easter. This way I will be able to enjoy Easter AND I will feel bad during the week rather than on the weekend AND if I need to speak with my onc or his nurses during the worst part of the side effects I will be able to - as on the weekend you end up speaking with an associate who knows nothing about your case. I am so glad this worked out!
By the way, my blood counts were great yesterday - still within the normal range. Yea!
Last night we were the guests of Scott and Rene at The Champions golf course for dinner. We had a great time catching up with them, as well as Sally and John - who we hadn't seen in a very long time! Steve and Diane were there, too - and we had a wonderful prime rib buffet dinner. It was delightful!
I had lunch out today with my neighbor Carol. We went to a new place in Millard - a little place that was so different and very cute. It was a combination of a cafe, crafts, decorator items, gifts, and used bridal gowns (yes, used bridal gowns). There were only three items on the menu - which change daily - and there is a set price for your meal, drinks and tip. Very different - but tasty! Carol said that breakfast is even better. Since we are both anxious to start planting, but we know it is too early, we stopped and bought pansies for our porches. They are such a sweet little flower - and so brave to bloom in our ever changing spring weather.
Hope your weekend is relaxing!

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Great news on all accounts. I am so glad you are enjoying your outings and people around you. My Dr. appt with my internist was good, and she said I am good to go for the summer. She said I am doing the right thing going to ER with my type of A-Fib as it is different since I don't feel the rapid heart rate, but get extremely dizzy with high blood pressure. Glad I'm not overreacting. Gorgeous weather here....78 deg. and beautiful blue skies. Our sunset last night was outstanding and truly a piece of God's great work. I'll try calling again this weekend. Just like hearing your voice!!! LOVE

Diane Muir said...

Linda Dasovic was just talking about that cafe - and I'm going to have to check it out!

I can't wait to see you Sunday - and I'm no longer sick, so I won't feel bad about coming close to you! YEA!

And, YEA on the timing of the chemo. Ahhh ... phew ... gotta love when things work out. Love you!

Melanie D. said...

Good to hear all that you've been doing. I'm glad you have been able to enjoy getting out with friends. I will see you Monday - give me a call on the when/where. Looking forward to a visit! Get some rest and take care.