Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Proud

I have had a busy day, so sorry this post is so late!
To start with, I want to let you know that my appointment with the cardiologist started out smoothly. She said my ecco cardiogram last week came back great. The fluid has not returned and my function had improved by 5 to 10 %. Both excellent news - thank you God. She ordered an electrocardiogram and left my room. The tech came in, did the test and left. In came the cardiologist. She said the electrocardiogram didn't look right and she wanted me to go back to the hospital immediately for another ecco cardiogram (I didn't have to stay - just had to go there for the test). She said - you aren't having any symptoms, but I want to make sure everything is OK - she never would say what she suspected. I am to call her tomorrow to get the results. I don't know what to expect, but it is time to storm the heavens again, please! I am staying calm knowing that God has me held close - but your prayers are certainly appreciated.
OK, now about all the fun I have had the last 24 hours. Diane called yesterday afternoon and invited Mark and I to go to with them to 'Jam for the Cure' - a fund raiser planned by her daughter, (my god daughter) Courtney. She asked a band to play at the Fox and Hound, and took $5.00 donations at the door. We were probably the oldest people there - but it was fun and the band was good too! (Courtney - I can't remember the name of the band - so you might put it in a comment so they can be recognized for their contribution of time and talent.) She raised close to $400 for cancer research. I am so proud of her!
Today, I went to lunch with my friend, Donna. It was a beautiful day, so we sat out on the patio of The Prestige and enjoyed our meal. Donna will be leaving in a month or so to help our PEO sister, Cindy, with her women's hospital she has helped establish in Africa. I am proud of both of them!
Then, this evening I got a call from Matt. He has his first acceptance letter to law school. St. Thomas, in Minneapolis, has accepted him and offered him a scholarship! This is not his first choice for school, but he is happy to have offers start coming in. I am very proud of him!

1 comment:

cko said...

Jacque, I'm praying for some more good news today from your ecco cardiogram!
Also wanted to thank you and Mark again for coming to JAM FOR THE CURE. The band was The Whiskey Pistols, a group of Westside guys that graduated a couple years before me. And for the record, I don't think you were the OLDEST ones in the place. There were definitely some "regulars" sitting in that pool room! =) It really meant a lot to have you all there. Love you lots -- Court