Saturday, March 24, 2007

Visitor

My friend, Carol, from Topeka arrived yesterday afternoon. We spent the afternoon catching up and then went with Mark to LaMesa for dinner. I jealously watched them enjoy the margaritas (OK, I had a few sips) which I absolutely love.
This morning, Carol and I went to my classroom and packed up part of my items. My coworkers had left notes on on my office door - which was so kind. Carol was a huge help, as I was feeling rather tired this morning. I will need to go back to go through my desk and files and pick up a few more things sometime in the future.
It felt weird to be there, packing up my things, but not nearly as traumatic as if I had gone a week or two ago. As I have healed I have gotten a better perspective on my teaching career. I can still make myself teary thinking about it, but I know that God has a plan for my life, and I just need to be patient and fight the beast so I can see what He has in store for me.
We stopped at Nobbies in the hopes that Carol could find some fun scrapbooking items - but they didn't have anything! But, the Easter Bunny was there, so we had our picture taken with him.
My hair is still on my head, glued down with hair spray. :-) Hopefully I can eek it out one more day. I have my wig, so I guess I am ready - if you can ever be ready to be bald!

2 comments:

Diane Muir said...

So, as the Communications Director of a medium-large sized church, you know that I am ALWAYS thinking of what people can do. And I'm thinking about you and having you do some writing. I do NOT want to catch you being bored at home (hehe).

Yup, God's got a plan. The most awesome thing about that plan is that it is usually much larger than we can imagine! We set our sights so low and our boxes get so small. When you're ready and He's ready - He's going to have something wild for you to do!

Melanie D. said...

Glad to know you had a good day. I'm glad Carol was here to visit, it's always nice to spend time with out-of-town friends. Have a great Sunday!