Thursday, March 8, 2007

Quite the Day

This has been quite the day. I had the heart stress test - which stressed me out - but my dear friend Bonnie, who works here at Methodist, was there to hold my hand and helped me through the procedure. Thank you, Bonnie!
Then, without going into any details, I had a 'plumbing' problem, such as I have never experienced in my life - and hope to never experience again. An angel of a nurse helped me through this - and let me tell you - did she ever earn her wings!
The initial report, as read by a physician's assistant, shows that I probably suffered a small heart attack sometime between last month's stress test and this one. She said people have these small heart attacks all the time and are not aware of them. 'Normal functioning' is 65% and mine showed 63% - not a great discrepancy. She also said, the test was diagnosed by a hospital radiologist and that my cardiologist would do the actual reading that would determine where we go from here. My cardiologist may feel this test isn't conclusive enough and decide to do the angioplasty. I am not going to worry about it until I hear, since it would do no good to do so. Another cardiologist just stopped by and pretty much said what the PA did, but wasn't as rosy about it. He thinks I had a heart attack on the base of my heart. He is rather quiet, and I don't know this man, so I will still wait to hear from my cardiologist.

Pastor Doug stopped by for a short visit and said a wonderful, calming prayer. Thank you, Pastor.
I spent the day sleeping off and on. I was so tired, I barely got out of bed. Friends, Donna and Lynne, both were going to come visit at different times, but I begged off - just not feeling up to it. Around 3:30 I started to rally and got up in my chair in time to visit with friend, Mary, and then with Steve and Diane. It is now a little after 6:00 and I am tired.

There is a chance that I may get to go home for the weekend - to return next week to get the port. I will know more tomorrow.
Your prayers, as always, are appreciated.

5 comments:

Melanie D. said...

You are in more prayer circles than you know. Today Natalie was brought to tears in my office thinking about all of your trials. We sniffed together for awhile and then she decided she would add you to the prayer requests at her church. You are so loved and respected, no one wants to see you struggle like this. The awesome thing is how positive you stay and what a fighter you are. Thanks for all of that. We are all thinking of you - and can't wait for all of the treatments to kick in at once and get you back on the path to wellness. I think you would agree that the earlier "plumbing problems" to which you vaguely referred should be your rock bottom, which means now you will be on the road back to feeling well. Patty called me today with the update, so I am aware of how much you endured today. Good luck tomorrow - it would be nice if you were able to spend the weekend resting at home with your dear family. I'll talk to you soon.

JustAnotherDay said...

Jacque,

I hope tomorrow brings you some well deserved good news! You have always been so positive throughout this whole ordeal and have really been an inspiration. :)

I hope we get to bring you home again for the weekend! :) see you tomorrow :)

Courtney

Patty Stone said...

Great to talk to you today. I would like to see you this weekend, but think you may have enough commotion if you are going home; also don't want to interrupt Matt and Courtney's time. We'll play it by ear; maybe we'll find a minute or two. THINGS ARE GOING TO GET BETTER!. Too many people care about and are praying for you to have it any other way. Thinking of you all the time; will talk to or see you soon.

joanie skar said...

Jacque:
Just to let you know that we are still in touch with you. Praying and thinking about you always. Hope you will be able to go home this weekend. God bless and we love ya, Al and Joanie

Joyce said...

Glad to see L. Mark wrote you. We are all praying and thinking positive about you. I know from experience in my own trials that the positive thinking makes a world of difference. I am feeling great today and even walked about 2 miles and saw our quilt show. Sam is not letting me out of his sight, but that will pass. The temps are supposed to hit 90 today. Feels so good. Lots of hugs and LOVE